Summertime – more than just an awesome Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff song - it’s a perfect time to be active outside!
Outdoor bootcamps are an amazing way to increase your vitamin D intake, while keeping you stimulated with a different setting other than the gym. Now get ready and apply the sunscreen, lace up your shoes, and grab your water bottle for this sweaty outdoor workout!
Sculpt Your Arms + Buns Bootcamp Workout
This workout focuses on sculpting your glutes and arms. It can be done at any park, field, or open space – as long as there’s some sort of bench present. Also, if you’re the type that gets a little extra motivation from working out with someone, then grab a friend and bring them with you!
Dynamically warm up by finding a stretch of space roughly 20-30 feet long (1 lap = down and back) and complete the following:
- 1 lap forward stretch walks (each step as long as you can)
- 1 lap sideways stretch walks (each step as long as you can)
- 1 lap high knees
- 1 lap butt kicks
- 2 laps Bear crawl forward and crab walk back (hold a 30 second plank if unable to complete movement)
- 2 laps side shuffles
- 2 laps running
Use the same space you just warmed up with.
- 8-12 Lateral Squat Walks in EACH DIRECTION (16-24 total)
- 15 Burpees
- 30 Seconds Bicycle Crunches
- Repeat x 3
Find any bench or ledge that you can step/sit on and do the following.
Remain at the bench and do the following in order 3 times through before moving on to the finale:
- 6-12 Stationary Lunge INTO Step-up each side
- 30-60 second Straight Arm Elevated Plank (feet on bench/ledge)
- Repeat x 3
- 12-25 Push-Ups (standard or knees on the ground)
- 20 Forward & 20 Backward Arm Circles
Download Printable Workout
If you’re moving with efficiency, then this workout, including warm-up, shouldn’t cost more than a smidgen over 30 minutes of your time, leaving plenty of fun in the sun left to be had!