Your spouse is up early every morning training for the next race. Your best friend runs because they love how it makes them feel (that runner’s high!). Your main squeeze rocks half marathons, and you run too, because it makes you feel great, especially after reaching those endorphin-inducing finish lines.
The holidays are here so check out our top 10 gifts for every runner in your life – for the 5k-er to ultra runner!
1. RoadID. Run safe and smart with a RoadID. The Wrist ID Slim is made of silicon and features a laser-engraved ID with your name and emergency contact information (and, if desired, a motivational phrase). Plus, it comes in lots of colors and can be personalized with a run-specific badges.
2. Garmin Forerunner 220. Track all your running data with one GPS watch – perfect for the data geek. It features auto pause, workouts, a color display, a 10-hour battery life, and Bluetooth connectivity to your smartphone.
3. Headlamp. The sun sets pretty early this time of year, so light up your running path – and alert others you’re running – with a bright headlamp. The Petzl Tikka Plus 2 has three LED white light options, plus a red LED light; both can switch to flashing for extra visibility.
4. Mittens. Cold fingers be gone with the Shine Wind Mitt from Pearl Izumi (women’s / men’s). These mittens feature a key pocket on the wrist and reflective elements for night running. Even better: The gloves convert to mittens thanks to the stowable wind mitt.
6. Running socks. Keep your tootsies toasty with SmartWool PhD Run Light Mini socks (women’s / men’s). These socks are taller than no-show socks, so they easily tuck under running tights to keep out the elements… key when there’s a few inches of snow on the ground.
5. Compression socks. Recovery is just as important as the training. In addition to legs up the wall following a long run, recover quicker with compression socks. The CEP Progressive+ Run Socks 2.0 improve blood flow – and come in fun neon colors.
7. Foam roller. Foam rolling hurts so good! Work out the running kinks in your calves, hammies, and quads with the GRID Foam Roller from Trigger Point Performance Therapy. Its compact size and hollow core allow for easy traveling.
8. Running bling holder. The runner in your life has trained hard and earned those race medals. Show off all that bling on a metal running display. Allied Medal Running Displays has many options, including a customizable version.
9. Massage. Take foam rolling a step further with a gift certificate for a full-body massage. Find a massage therapist who specializes in deep tissue sports massage. Book a 60- or 90-minute massage; your favorite runner will thank you!
10. Race registration. Your favorite runner is likely planning his or her 2014 race calendar, so pick one and give the gift of a race entry. Come race day, be sure to be there, cowbell and motivational signs in hand, cheering as loud as you can.
Runners: What is on your Holiday Wish List?
Share in the comments below!
Photo credit: [ changó ]