When jumping into a new healthy way of eating, sometimes it can be hard to give up your old favorites. If you dream about potato chips, cheese crackers, and other salty, savory, crunchy snacks, boy, do we have a recipe for you!
These roasted chickpeas are spicy, flavorful, and have an incredibly satisfying CRUNCH! The entire recipe is five ingredients (three of which are spices), and you can make them at home in your own oven. You can even make them in large batches and snack on them all week long. And the best part is, not only are you crunching your way through a craving, but you’re also packing in the nutrition, too. Each serving has 4.5 grams of protein and 4 grams of dietary fiber—beat that, potato chips!
Spicy and Crunchy Curry Chickpeas
Makes 4, 1/4 cup servings
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot!)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- After rinsing the chickpeas, lay them out on a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Add in the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring once or twice while baking. Or until the chickpeas look “dry” and have a slight crunch to them—they’ll get increasingly crunchy as they cool.
Nutrition per 1/4 cup serving: 138 calories, 4.6g fat (0.6g sat), 20.5g carbs (4.0g fiber), 4.5g protein