The day after Thanksgiving can be just as good as the day of itself, food-wise, as the opportunities for gobbling up leftover turkey in innovative and delicious recipes are truly endless. One of the easiest leftover recipes is simply a turkey sandwich—or if you want to get fancy with it, a panini.
Even the most inexperienced of cooks can master this post-Thanksgiving sandwich. Just follow the following four steps for a perfect post-thanksgiving panini!
• Bread Roll or Baguette
• Crescent Roll or Bun
• Bread Slices
• Turkey Slices (paleo)
• Turkey, duh
• Pureed sweet potato
• Cranberry chutney
• Pumpkin butter
• Mashed potatoes
• Mustard or light mayo
• Greens – lettuce, spinach, arugula, etc.
• Red Onion
• Dried Cranberries
• Green beans
Turkey Panini with Apple and Cranberries
with Apple, Avocado, and Cranberry
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of leftover turkey
- ¼ apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Handful of dried cranberries or cranberry chutney
- 1 slice cheese of choice (I used thinly sliced white cheddar)
- Layer cheese, apple slices, turkey, avocado slices, and cranberries on bottom slice of bread.
- Top with remaining bread slice and place on panini grill (*note: if you do not own a panini maker, toast bread in skillet or toaster)
419 Calories • 17g Total Fat • 7g Saturated Fat • 47g Carbohydrate • 5g Dietary Fiber • 20g Sugars • 23g Protein (will vary based on bread and cheese selections)