It’s safe to say we’ve all been caught eating raw cookie dough straight from the bowl. However, it’s quite risky and it can compromise your health goals. You see, most people assume that the warning to not consume raw cookie dough is primarily to avoid the foodborne illness salmonella, caused by ingesting raw eggs. But there’s also a warning on flour, which is extremely dirty (until baked, of course).
Don’t worry, we’ve developed the perfect cookie dough dupe that will satisfy your hankering for cookie dough. Plus, they’re low in sugar, high in protein, and wheat-free!
Mini No-Bake Protein Cookie Dough Bites
Makes ~ 18-20 teaspoon sized dough bites
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup pulverized oats (or oat flour, I like mine a little more chunk)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 heaping tbsp nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs, mini chocolate chips or carob chips
- Mix coconut oil, vanilla, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Add almond meal, pulverized oats, and protein powder.
- Stir in nut butter. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Add chip of choice to “dough” mixture.
- Using a heaping teaspoon, form dough into balls.
- Freeze dough bites (minimum 2 hours).