Protein bars are delightful snacks to enjoy on-the-go. However, they can also be quite expensive and there’s no way to control the ingredients! Luckily, making your own protein bars from scratch is fairly simple – and (our recipe) doesn’t require the oven!
These no-bake, gluten-free (GF) bars are a wonderful way to consume protein. What I love about them is the opportunity to experiment with new flavors by using different types of nut butter and flavored protein powder. So use this recipe as a starting point and make the protein bars your own by experimenting with special ingredients like dried fruit, shredded coconut, or cinnamon!
No-Bake Gluten-Free Protein Bars
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour**
- 1/2 cup protein powder, your choice of flavor
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup natural nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (grade A or B) or honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips or carob chips
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the oat flour, protein powder, rice crisp, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add in the nut or seed butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into pan until smooth using slightly damp hands or another piece of parchment.
- Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes, then remove and slice into bars.
- Melt chocolate or carob chips and coconut oil in microwave or small pot over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the bars and freeze again until set.
*Store in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
**Using a food processor will get great oat flour.