As a busy person, the crock pot has become my best friend in the kitchen. It’s by far the easiest way to prep dinner with little effort. It’s also great for meal planning and delicious leftovers!
These Chicken Salsa Tacos are made by cooking the chicken breast inside of the crock pot (no oil needed!) and then shredding the tender meat with a fork. All you really need is chicken breast, a jar of your favorite store bought or homemade salsa, and some fixings! So, take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule to prep this delicious dinner that’ll get you 8 servings of deliciousness!
Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups salsa (mild, medium, or scorching hot)
- 1/4 cup water
- 12-16 small tortillas (white, whole wheat, or corn)
- Optional Healthy Toppings: low fat cheese, black beans, salsa, corn, avocado, and plain Greek yogurt
- Coat a large crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Then, place chicken breasts inside crock-pot and top with salsa and water. Close lid and let cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is tender and fully cooked (you can check by slicing a chicken breast in half), use 2 forks to shred the chicken. I like to shred the chicken outside of the crock pot on a large plate. Once you’ve shredded the chicken place back in the crockpot and mix in juices. Let cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Dress your tacos with slightly warm tortillas, low fat cheese, black beans, and salsa (or any other topping you prefer!).