Who’s ready for some avocado? In this recipe, avocado provides the creaminess and rich-flavor that you can expect from your traditional artichoke dip, while also doling out a hearty dose of nutritious fats that promote stronger bones, improved eyesight, glowing skin, and healthy hair!
Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of hemp seeds to your dip. It takes the nutritional value to a whole new level. Never heard of hemp seeds? They’re easily underestimated based on their size. But they’re actually vitamin, fatty acid, and protein powerhouses. There’s nothing but whole foods in this recipe, making it a truly health-conscious and dip-tastic dish!
Avocado, Artichoke, and Kale Dip
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – 14 ounce can whole artichoke hearts; drained, rinsed and quartered
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with: tortilla chips, pita chips, rice crackers, or sliced vegetables.
- Add kale and olive oil to a skillet over medium low heat. Cook kale until it wilts and becomes tender, stirring occasionally (5-6 minutes). Remove from heat and place in mixing bowl.
- Add quartered artichokes to mixing bowl.
- Remove avocado from skin and place in food processor with the lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Add avocado cream to mixing bowl with kale and artichoke hearts. Gently mix with spoon.
- Transfer dip to a serving dish.
- Store in refrigerator, if necessary.
Nutrition Information: 150 Calories, 12g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat), 11g Carbohydrate (2g Fiber, <1g Sugar), 3g Protein