Summer is here! And with the nice weather, no one wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. That’s where our Five Minute Easy Guacamole comes in to play, because with a few time-saving shortcuts, you’ll be enjoying flavorful, delicious guac under the sun!
Bonus: Guacamole is one of the healthiest dips out there! Avocados are packed with nutrients and healthy fats. Try serving your guac with carrot or celery sticks, cucumber slices, or homemade baked tortilla chips. Just make sure you watch how many tortilla chips you eat!
Five Minute Easy Guacamole
Makes about 1 1/2 cups guacamole (serving size ¼ cup)
- 2 large, ripe avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out
- ⅓ cup fresh pico de gallo (available in the produce section of most grocery stores)
- Juice of one lime
- Salt, to taste
- Using a fork, mash the avocado flesh in a medium-sized bowl. You can also use a traditional mortar and pestel.
- Add in the pico de gallo. Can’t find any? No worries, just sub in the same amount of your favorite jarred or canned salsa. It won’t be exactly the same as fresh, but still delicious!
- Squeeze in the lime juice. Using fresh lime juice really helps to bring out the flavor of the guac.
- Add in salt, to taste, and mix well.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or chopped veggies.
If you aren’t ready to serve immediately, cover tightly with plastic wrap (pushing the wrap down to cover the top of the guacamole) to keep from browning.
Nutrition per ¼ cup serving: 137 calories, 13.1g fat, 5.8g carbs, 1.3g protein