Sweat Away the Turkey Day Blues
It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and go for broke at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Even the most diligent portion controllers are known to let loose this time of year, but later end up regretting it. Thankfully your local Anytime Fitness is open even on Thanksgiving Day. So grab this workout, head to the gym, and get ready to sweat!
Post-Turkey Day Recovery Workout
This workout consists of 11 exercises that works your entire body while testing aerobic endurance, strength, and balance. You’ll do each exercise for a total of 30 seconds.
Beginners should aim for 3-4 rounds while intermediate to advanced should go 5 rounds. The goal is to take NO breaks. If you’re not able to make that goal right away, that’s fine. That gives you something to strive for!
Here are the exercises. Be sure to set all the stations up before beginning the circuit.
- Dumbbells (pairs of medium and heavy weight)
- Barbell (weight of choice)
- Medicine Ball (weight of choice)
- Exercise Ball
- Standing BOSU Shoulder Press (BOSU & 5lb, 8lb, or 10lb dumbbells)
- Equalizer Chin-Ups (2 Lebert Equalizers)
- Burpees (Floor Space)
- BOSU Mountain Climbers (BOSU)
- Wall-Sit with Bicep Curl (Wall Space & Dumbbells ranging from 5-20 lbs)
- Alternating Reverse Lunges with Barbell (Barbell [weight of your choice])
- Double BOSU Squat with Medicine Ball Extension (2 BOSUs and a medicine ball [weight of your choice])
- Hands-up Bicycles (Mat)
- Exercise Ball Russian Twists with Dumbbell (Exercise Ball & 5-10 lb dumbbell)
- Dynamic Crunch with Medicine Ball (Mat & Medicine Ball of your choice)
- Equalizer Push-ups (2 Lebert Equalizers)