Yes, yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You’ve heard it before, and will surely again! But how do you make good, healthy breakfast choices consistently when it’s hard enough to get out the door every morning, let alone make something nutritious?! Here’s an answer.
These simple, tasty mini egg quiches are a fabulous grab-and-go breakfast. You can make six servings on Sunday using a 12-cup muffin tin, wrap them up in pairs, and then enjoy your prepared breakfast all week long by popping them in the microwave for 30 seconds (or so) before you leave. Vary the taste by trying different vegetable and meat filling, so you don’t get tired of eating them repetitively. It’s a great way to set yourself up for a productive day! And when you need a quick meal, you can also crumble a quiche over greens for a fast salad.
Low-Carb Mini Egg Quiches
Servings: 6 (2 quiches per serving)
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups chopped veggies & meat (Example uses red and green pepper, mushroom & ham)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Crack and whisk together all eggs in a bowl.
- Add filling (veggies and meat), cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour evenly into a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Chop up the veggies and meat into small pieces for more even cooking and to avoid overflowing the batter in your muffin tin.
- Add dashes of other seasonings as desired. Ideas: red pepper flakes, parsley, chives.
Storing & Reheating
- Store extra quiches in the fridge (not freezer). Baggie OK.
- Wrap quiches in a paper towel when you reheat in microwave about 20-30 seconds.
- Top with some salsa or hot sauce if you want more flavor.
2 quiches per serving; varies based on filler ingredients used
206 calories, 13.9g fat, 2.8g carbs, 17.7g protein