Adorable holiday treats are nothing new. We’re familiar with the perfectly decorated cookies, festive candy, and beautifully-adorned cakes. But is it possible to make something cute and festive and healthy? Absolutely!
These adorable santa hats are made with fresh strawberries, healthy coconut whipped cream, and a little dusting of graham cracker crumbs. Just slightly sweet, they’re the perfect treat for a healthy holiday breakfast or snack! Here’s how to make Strawberry-Coconut Santa Hats!
1. Start off with clean and dry strawberries. Look for bright red berries that have a good triangular, santa hat shape.
2. With a sharp knife, slice away the stem end, but also lop off a tiny part of the tip of the berry—about 1/8″.
3. Set aside the berries, and start working on the coconut whipped cream. Open up a can of full fat coconut milk (often available in the international foods aisle at your grocery store). Scoop out the top part of the coconut cream. If your house is warm, this cream might not be there, just chill the can in the fridge for a few hours and the cream will solidify at the top.
4. Whisk together the cream with a teaspoon of honey until smooth and creamy. You can also do this in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer if you prefer.
5. Coconut milk whipped cream is a great, healthy substitute for any place you’d use whipped cream!
6. To assemble the santa hats, dip the large end of the strawberry in the coconut whipped cream.
7. And then dip it into graham cracker crumbs. You can use regular graham crackers or chocolate.
8. Then drop a tiny dollop of the coconut whipped cream on top of the hat. And serve!
9. These are best served right away, because the graham cracker crumbs will lose their crunch if refrigerated. But all the elements can be made ahead of time, and you can just assemble them right before serving. Happy Holidays!