Falls means pumpkin spice everything. Though we know you’ve already tried pumpkin spice pancakes and lattes, we want to share a newer, likely healthier, twist on adding the delicious flavors of fall into your breakfast. Read below for a pumpkin spice smoothie recipe that will keep you satisfied throughout the morning.
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup of milk (your choice)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (we recommend vanilla or plain)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of all-spice, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg to taste.
- Maple syrup to taste (we recommend about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 ice cubes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder
- Add all of your ingredients, in the order listed above, into a high-power blender.
- Blend for about 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Wipe down the edges of your blender.
- Blend for another 30-45 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy the taste of fall!