One of my favorite Holiday memories is sipping hot chocolate while watching The Christmas Story. It was during this yearly tradition, that I was introduced to Biscotti. These dipping cookies are baked twice to hold up for the coffee dippers they are. This biscotti recipe is perfect for those looking to maintain their healthy diet during the holidays; because they’re refined-sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free! If paired with a cappuccino, these Biscotti cookies will be the shining glory at your upcoming holiday parties!
Pistachio Cherry Biscotti
Makes 20 Biscotti // Bake Time: 32 Minutes
- 2 Tbsp. earth balance, melted
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 1/3C Gluten Free
- Baking Flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together wet ingredients with a hand held mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- Then, add in gluten free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
- Finally, add in dried cherries and pistachios and give a final mix. Your dough will be a little crumbly.
- Next, wet your hands and begin to knead the dough so that it forms a ball.
- From there, form two 12 inch long x 3 inch wide logs and press firmly with your fingers to compress the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the log is brown. Then remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Turn the oven to 300F.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the biscotti into ½ inch pieces at a 45 degree angle. Then, lay the biscotti back onto the cookie sheet and cook for an additional 12 minutes so that it begins to brown.
- Flip the biscotti over and cook again for 12 more minutes to brown the other side. Biscotti should be firm all over.
Nutrition per serving (1 cookie): 105 calories, 3g protein, 17g carbs, 3g fatDownload the eCookbook