These bowls are a true triple threat: easy to prepare, loaded with nutritious ingredients and packed with flavor! Give burrito bowls the night off and give this Mediterranean-inspired dish a try. Top with your favorite protein like chicken, steak, falafel or shrimp. We’ll say it now, these make #saddesklunches a thing of the past, so you may want to consider making a double batch!
Easy Greek Bowls
3 cups cooked quinoa
3 cups cooked chickpeas (~2 cans)
3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 cups cucumbers, chopped
1 cup red onion, chopped
30 Kalamata olives, pitted (~5 oz jar)
⅓ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
⅓ cup fresh oregano, chopped
⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
⅓ cup feta, crumbled
Optional: protein of your choice (we used sliced chicken breast)
1 cup olive oil
6 T lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced (~2 tsp)
2 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Whisk the dressing together or put it in jar and shake until emulsified.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients in a bowl, toss with dressing and serve.
- This can be made ahead and packed easily for lunches.
- Add chopped spinach or romaine if you’d like more greens.
- You can easily substitute cooked cauliflower rice, regular rice or couscous for the quinoa.