The clock just fell back, and there’s an extra hour to fill. What better way to do so than getting to a healthier place? Here’s a top-to-bottom workout designed to hit every square inch of you.
The “dirty dozen” consists of 12 exercises that are designed to work your entire body while testing your endurance, strength, and overall conditioning.
Complete each exercise for 30 seconds back-to-back-to-back until you’ve completed six rounds.
The goal: To make it through while taking as little rest as possible in between each exercise. Only take a breather when you absolutely need one!
Below are the exercises and the tools you’ll need. Be sure to set up all the stations before beginning the circuit. Don’t have equalizers to do push-ups? Do regular push-ups!
The “Dirty Dozen” Daylight Saving Workout
- BOSU Shoulder Presses w/ Dumbbells (BOSU & 5lb-10lb dumbbells)
- TRX Rows (TRX)
- BOSU Mountain Climbers (BOSU)
- Wall-Sit with Bicep Curl (Wall space & dumbbells ranging from 5-20 lbs)
- Alternating Barbell Reverse Lunges (Barbell weight of your choice… challenge yourself!)
- Double BOSU Squat with Medicine Ball (2 BOSUs and a medicine ball weight of your choice)
- Bicycle Crunches (Mat & dumbbells of your choice if you want an added challenge)
- Feet Elevated Plank (Elevate w/ a BOSU, stepping blocks, bench, etc.)
- Leg Lifts with Stability Ball (Mat and stability ball)
- Push-ups (Floor space)
- Standing Resistance Band Curls (Elastic bands of your choice… Be sure to pick the hardest you can handle!)
Remember: maintain good form and have fun!