One of the best ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle is to keep fitness fresh. I like to do this by taking something I love and turning it into a workout. I LOVE football! Go Saints! We may not be having our best year, but even if your team isn’t the best in the NFL, you can still have the best workout around.
This circuit workout will test your power, agility, and mental toughness using some of the same exercises as the pros!
Do 3 rounds of these exercises. Do the exercises for 50 seconds with a 10 second time to transition. Take a 2 minute break in between each round. For maximum performance, count your reps of each exercise during the circuits and try to match OR beat it during the next round.
- One-Armed Dumbbell Rows – (:30 seconds each arm) Start in a hiking position and concentrate on getting your elbow as high up as you can, this will help you retract your shoulders.
- Isometric Squat Hold – Keep your hips parallel to your knees and stay strong! Strong body, strong mind!
- Hammer Curl-to-Shoulder Press – Use 15-20lb dumbbells for this one. Make sure you curl it all the way to your shoulders and begin your shoulder press with your elbows underneath the dumbbells. Try not to swing or use your own momentum during this exercise.
- Medicine Ball Toss – Use a 15-20lb medicine ball. Give a great big squat and use your power coming up to throw the ball as high in the air as you can. Remember to get out of the way and let the ball hit the ground. Then repeat.
- Up-Downs – In football practice, these are up-downs; but we know them as burpees.
Each exercise for :20 seconds with a :10 second rest. Repeat 3 more times.