Salads get a bad rap. From bland and boring to flavorless and tired, salads are too often the spotlight of a #saddesklunch. We’re here to change that! This flavor-packed salad will add a much-needed zing to your lunch (or dinner!) that will have you dreaming of leftovers.
We love this recipe because it’s loaded with protein (23g per serving!) thanks to pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. The lime juice adds the perfect kick of brightness to each bite and the cabbage provides a crunch that can’t be beat.
Cilantro-Lime Chopped Chicken Salad
4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
16 cups cabbage, finely shredded
3 cups shredded carrot
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
¾ cup green onions, sliced (~6-8 green onions)
¾ cup cilantro, chopped
Zest of 2 limes
⅓ cup lime juice (~1.5 limes)
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt, more to taste if desired
2 tsp honey
1 garlic clove, minced
Chili powder, if desired
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- In a very large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together with the dressing.
- Use pre-shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix to make this even easier.
- If you have a mandoline slicer or similar tool, definitely bring it out for this recipe.
- This is a great make-ahead recipe and packs well for lunches. Just add the dressing when you’re ready to serve.
- Not a fan of chicken? Sub with cooked shrimp or baked tofu, instead!