Get sculpted arms by practicing this basic bicep workout thats effective for all fitness levels. Adjust your weights to increase the intensity of these basic movements!
For this workout, perform 3 sets of 12 repetitions for each exercise, resting 60 seconds between sets. For the warm-up, perform 10 reps of each exercise for only one set. Using a challenging weight that allows you to complete all reps. If the weight is too easy, slightly increase it. If it is too hard, slightly decrease it.
Equipment Needed: Swiss Ball, Tubing/Bands, Dumbbells, Barbells
Workout Time: 40 minutes
Estimated Calorie Burn: 310
- Hold a barbell underhand with your hands shoulder-width apart and your arms straight.
- Raise the barbell up to shoulder height, keeping your elbows at your sides.
- Lower the barbell back to a straight arm position.
- Do not rock your upper body back and forth as you lift and lower the barbell.
- Lie on an incline bench holding dumbbells by your side with your arms straight, palms facing forward.
- Raise the dumbbells up to your shoulders, bending at the elbows and turning at the wrists to finish with your palms facing back.
- Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell with your elbow resting on your inner thigh and your arm straight.
- Raise the dumbbell up to your shoulder, bending at the elbow.
- Keep your elbow on your inner thigh throughout.
- Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side.
- Kneel on the floor with your chest and elbows on the ball. holding the dumbbells with your arms extended over the ball.
- Raise the dumbbells up to shoulder height, finishing with your palms facing back.
- Do not round your lower back as you raise the dumbbells.
- Raise one dumbbell up and across to your opposite shoulder bending at the elbow.
- Lower this dumbbell then lift the other dumbbell to the other shoulder.
- Stand upright holding dumbbells with your arms straight by your sides with palms facing in.
- Perform one rep on one side, then switch to the other side. Alternate sides with each rep.
- Stand upright, holding handles with your arms straight out in front at shoulder height, palms up.
- Pull the handles into your shoulders, bending at the elbows and keeping them at shoulder height.
- Keep your shoulders steady throughout.
For more workouts, anywhere any time, download the Anytime Fitness app today!