With just four simple stuffing ingredients – chicken, quinoa, carrots, and cucumber – surrounded by a low-cal, low-carb lettuce leaf, this recipe is easy peezy! However, the true flavor kicker is a light and tangy peanut sauce – perfect for drizzling or dipping!
It may look like a lengthy list of ingredients, but this recipe is appropriate for even the most beginner level chefs. Short on time? Cut corners by using a store-bought sesame ginger dressing for the peanut sauce and pre-cut carrot sticks. We’re all about making recipes more convenient while remaining wholesome and healthy. Let’s get started!
Asian Chicken and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb chicken breasts; marinated, sautéed and shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if you’d prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1⁄2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 head of bib or romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium or 3 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 large carrots, sliced into matchsticks
For Peanut Sauce:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if you’d prefer)
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- In a bowl mix together marinade ingredients and pour over chicken breasts. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, wash and dry lettuce, wash and thinly slice cucumbers, and peel and thinly slice carrots into matchsticks.
- Cook 1 cup of dry quinoa in 2 cups of water over medium heat for ~15-20 minutes with lid on saucepan.
- Place chicken and marinade in skillet over medium heat until cooked thoroughly (165 degrees Fahrenheit). Once cooked, use a fork and knife to shred chicken breast.
- To make peanut sauce, combine ingredients in order above in a cup or bowl. Use fork or wire whisk to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- To assemble lettuce wraps, start with a lettuce leaf, add a couple spoonfuls of quinoa, several shreds of chicken, slices of cucumber, and slices of carrot. Wrap lettuce around ingredients and hold with toothpick if desired. Drizzle with peanut sauce or dip wrap into serving dish.
Nutrition Facts (~1 wrap): 173 Calories, 5g Total Fat (1g Saturated Fat), 22g Carbohydrates (3g Dietary Fiber, 3g Sugar), 10g Protein