As a kid, I remember sorting all of my candy by type and then trading with my sister. I loved (and still love) anything chocolate, especially Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. The combination of peanut butter and melt-in-your-mouth chocolate is pure perfection! But it comes with a price: 105 calories, 7.5 grams fat, and 11 grams of sugar per peanut butter cup! I’ve remixed this Halloween favorite with the same great flavors but less sugar, calories, and fat. Let’s get cookin’.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
Servings: 12-14 cups
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- ¼ cup peanut butter, smooth
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- sea salt to taste
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute and stir. Microwave for 20 seconds more and stir again. Repeat 2-3 times or until all chocolate is melted.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt ¼ cup of peanut butter (microwave for 25 seconds), then mix in the pumpkin puree and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill 1/4 of the way with melted chocolate (note: this recipe makes 12-14). Place in freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Spoon a dime-sized blob of the peanut butter/pumpkin filling onto the chocolate and cover the filling with more melted chocolate, filling the liner about 3/4 of the way. Sprinkle sea salt on top (optional).
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, or until hardened.
- Enjoy (in moderation, of course).
Nutritional Information: Serving 1 peanut butter cup | 84 calories | 5.3g fat | 9g carbs | 8.3g sugar | 1.5g protein