Days of crisp autumn air, leather boots, and fuzzy scarves are here. It’s a time when you can taste the seasonal change in your warm coffee mug. A change flavored with pumpkin. Tread lightly though, a love affair with pumpkin can be dangerous. This seasonal latte often overflows with calories; especially versions at the local coffee shop. So put on your scarf, lace up the boots, and enjoy the autumn breeze with this blissfully satisfying and healthy pumpkin spice latte.
Natural Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or shot of espresso
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 Tbsp pureed pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg and cloves
- Brew your coffee or espresso
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add coconut milk, pureed pumpkin, and honey until the mixture is hot, but not boiling
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Pour coffee or espresso into a cup and then pour hot mixture on top of it
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired
Nutrition Information: 200 calories, 39g. carbs, 6g protein, 10g. sugar
Compared to Starbuck’s Grande: 310 calories, 49g carbs, 14g. protein, 47g. sugar
What is your favorite part of fall?
Share with us in the comments below!