It’s no secret that the things you eat have an impact on the way you feel. There are food choices that leave us feeling sub par and there are healthier alternatives that have you feeling wonderful post-meal. Let’s go over a list of food choices that are delicious and can also help you feel great!
Salmon is a nutrient packed fish with benefits that help you shine from the inside out. Yes, that includes your skin and hair!
Benefits of Salmon:
- Great source of protein that helps muscles strengthen and grow.
- Contains omega 3 fatty acids (healthy fats) that improves your skin by reducing wrinkles and redness.
- It also keeps your hair healthy and shiny.
It’s hard to feel your best when you’re nauseous, bloated, and swollen. Ginger adds delicious flavor to dishes and drinks and can also help correct internal problems to leave you feeling your best!
Benefits of Ginger:
- Improves nutrient absorption.
- Settles an upset stomach
- It can reduce flatulence and inflammation.
Fiber and protein are key components of weight loss and feeling full! Enjoy a handful of nuts daily to help achieve your weight loss goals and leave you feeling accomplished and healthy!
Benefits of Nuts:
- Great source of fiber and protein.
- A perfect snack.
Not all chocolate is created equal- the darker the better and moderation is important! Enjoy a 1-ounce square of dark chocolate a few times a week to benefit your heart and your mood…because chocolate makes everyone smile, right?!
Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
- Contains antioxidants that help resist damage in your body from free radicals.
- Has flavonals that are good for your heart and can help lower blood pressure.
Just remember that choosing to eat an entire meal of greasy, fried foods, while acceptable once and a while, may not leave us feeling our best.
This isn’t an exclusive list. There are plenty of other foods out there that are great for making you feel your best!
A few of my other favorites:
- Almond Butter
Pay attention to your the way your body reacts to the foods your eating and choose healthy options that make you feel strong, happy, and energized!