Can you believe it’s half way through 2013? Time sure flies when you’re having fun! Today’s fun involves the Fourth of July! If you’ve been searching for a healthy recipe that’s perfect for all ages, I’ve got you covered! And it only requires a few ingredients that you probably have on hand.
It’s time for some frozen yogurt bites! They are easy to customize to your preferences, so feel free to use a flavored yogurt such as vanilla or honey or change up your fresh fruit. If you’re looking for a nutritional boost, I suggest adding a half scoop of protein powder (my favorite is chocolate).
Frozen Red, White, and Blue Yogurt Bites
Makes ~10 Bites
- 8 oz. nonfat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- handful of blueberries
- In a medium size bowl, mash 1/2 cup fresh raspberries. Then add the yogurt and honey and mix thoroughly.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with mini cupcake liners. Fill each about 2/3 of the way. (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Place a blueberry in the center of each yogurt bite and place in freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Once the the bites are frozen, take cupcake liners off and store bites in a tight tupperware container in the freezer.
Note: If you leave the bites in the tin, in the freezer, they’ll freeze to the tin and you’ll have issues getting them out!
Nutrition Information: 35 calories | 0g fat | 7g carbs | 6g sugar | 2g protein
Here are some of my other favorite 4th of July recipes:
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits
- Patriotic Jello Snacks
- 4th of July Breakfast Toast
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Skewers