How to Kickstart Your Healthy Lifestyle – These 3 Ways

Okay, so you’ve decided to start a “healthy lifestyle”. You’ve eaten fast food and fried eatables for years and you want to change. Get pumped and let’s begin our adventure toward the new healthy you! You can do it! I know it.

Then you search web…

It can be confusing when there are a billion different articles stating a wide variety of ways to be healthy. So let’s break down the basics and get you headed on the right path!

What the…?

So, you might be ready to “eat clean”. Or maybe you don’t even know what that means. Either way, take a breath and relax, you’re not alone. Relax, you’re not alone! Almost everyday, people ask me how I did it. How did I go from 420 pounds to under 200 pounds in a year?

Well, it was not easy.

But, fret not; I’m going to outline three points of advice that helped me lose weight.

1. Water Trumps All

Like most people, I loved soda, relishing the sweet taste of all sugary drinks. But the fact is, soda isn’t water. Water will help you stay full throughout the day and that helps you avoid unnecessary eating. Just remember that water isn’t loaded with chemicals and is a refreshing drink to quench your thirst.

Switching from soda to water can be a tough transition. You may have to slowly ease off the sweet drinks. It took me a while to convert to where I’m at now. Currently, 90% of my beverage intake is water and the other 10% is split between green tea and coffee.

2. Frozen Food + Frozen Vegetables = Healthy Dinner

The second healthy thing you should focus on is preparing nutritious home cooked meals. It may seem virtually impossible to go from eating fast food to only fruits and vegetables, so challenge yourself and do your best.

Here’s a trick to get started: buy a 300-calorie or less frozen dinner and mix it with a bag of frozen vegetables. Sure, these may have sodium and maybe even some added chemical preservatives but it’s a much healthier meal than most options.

3. Find a Workout You Love

Lastly, find an exercise routine that works best for you. People will rave about their favorite hot new workout, but you need to remember that no single exercise routine is best for everyone.

Most gyms have personal trainers that can help you find the workout you’re looking for. You can also go online and find workouts to do at home. But you shouldn’t avoid the gym. The gym is a positive healthy environment and it’s the main reason I was able to shed the 200 pounds.

Put these three easy tips into action on your journey to a new healthy lifestyle. It’s not an easy road, but the potential benefits are extremely worthwhile.

Tony Posnanski is a renowned blogger, chef, and Anytime Fitness member. Tony was once 400 pounds but has lost 200 pounds. He writes about weight loss, fitness, motivation and more on his blog The Anti Jared and you can follow him on Twitter: @theantijared.

Print Friendly

Tony Posnanski is a renowned blogger, chef, and Anytime Fitness member. Tony was once 400 pounds but has lost 200 pounds. He writes about weight loss, fitness, motivation and more on his blog The Anti Jared.

Comments