There are some people in this world, namely my husband and mother-in-law, who don’t really care about dessert. They don’t like cake, are impartial to ice cream, and only eat cookies on occasion. I think they’re crazy and I’m definitely not one of those people.
I don’t go overboard on dessert, but I definitely enjoy it every once and a while, especially cookies. I love to bake and since my husband rarely eats dessert, I’m always on the lookout for healthier recipes that will make me feel a little better about eating the whole batch!
Here are some delicious, healthier cookie recipes from some of my favorite bloggers. When I look for healthier cookies I try to focus on recipes that include whole grains like oats and whole wheat flour, natural sweeteners like bananas or honey, and those that use less sugar and fat than traditional cookies. Enjoy!
Ten Healthier Cookie Recipes
- Cashew Cranberry Oatmeal Bites
- Gingerbread Molasses Cookies
- Spiced Chili Chocolate Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Banana Coconut Cookies
- Vegan Zucchini Lemon Cookies
- Almond Meal Cookies with Raisins & Pepitas
- Single Lady Cookie
- Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Cookies
- Blueberry Almond Meal Cookies
Plus, as a bonus, I’m sharing my most recent cookie creation! It’s packed with healthy fats and even has a green ingredient!
Peanut Butter Avocado Cookies
Makes 15-18 cookies
1/3 cup mashed avocado
2/3 cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
3/4 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- Combine wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes.
So go ahead, friends. Have a cookie…or two!
Which kind of cookie do wish were healthier?
Photo credit: Jack Fussell