Many of us want our workouts to be like the meals we cook—fast, fun, convenient, and good for us. Luckily, workouts are similar to recipes. We can add, subtract, or adjust them to fit our needs. Whether you have a busy schedule or you are just a morning person, this workout will start your day off right!
We’ve heard time and time again, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” But what about a pre- or post-breakfast workout? Some benefits to working out in the AM include:
- Improved mood: physical activity releases endorphins, triggering a positive feeling in the body and relieving stress for hours following exercise. So you’ll be in high spirits all day!
- Increased energy and brain capability: exercising increases oxygen and nutrient delivery to muscles, organs, and tissues allowing you to be more alert and energetic post-workout.
- Fewer excuses: by getting your workout in in the morning, you’re less likely to make excuses to not exercise post-work, leaving you to engage in other activities you enjoy. Plus,
This 30-minute workout is aimed at familiarizing you with some of your many options at the gym. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Top to Bottom Circuit Workout
3-minute warm-up: walking or light jogging on the treadmill
- Shoulders – Shoulder Press
- Biceps – Preacher Curls
- Triceps – Triceps Dips
- Core – Abdominal Crunch Bench
- Core – Jack Knife
- Booty – Dumbbell Squats
- Quads- Lunge Jumps
- Calves – Dumbbell Calf Raises
Post-workout: Stretch for 3-5 minutes.
Work: 45 seconds, Rest: 15 second
Complete 3 rounds with 30-60 second breaks between rounds.
When is your favorite time to work out?