Happy National Pancake Day! In light of this glorious holiday, we have created an easy and delicious pancake recipe that only requires 3 ingredients: bananas, eggs, and almond meal. It’s high in protein and loaded with healthy fats. Make sure to try this new, awesome recipe pronto. This recipe makes 9 medium-sized pancakes, totaling just under 350 calories.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Makes 9 Small Pancakes
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, making sure to get rid of any lumps.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto pan (~2 tablespoons per cake). The batter will be a little bit thinner than normal pancakes, so you don’t need as much to make one pancake.
- Let cook for about a minute, and then flip. Cook for an additional minute on the other side.
Nutrition (for entire recipe): 350 calories and 15g protein (20g fat, 6g fiber, 33g carbs)
Other optional add-ins:
- Vanilla extract
- Protein powder
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Pumpkin puree
- Nut butter
If you like this recipe, here’s a round-up of other healthier pancake recipes from around the web.
- SkinnyTaste: Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Fit Foodie Finds: Blackberry Banana Pancakes
- Katie at the Kitchen Door: Whole Wheat Fruit and Nut Pancakes
- Overtime Cook: Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes
- Dashing Dish: Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
- In the Know Mom: Raspberry Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
- Running to the Kitchen: Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes