It’s that time again! If you weren’t sure what time, this is where I tell you it’s time for yet another Rebel style workout from yours truly! This workout is near and dear to my heart since it combines 2 of my favorite passtimes… Taking care of yourself and MUSIC!
I believe music can move you further into any workout, the emotional connection brings out the competitive edge you need. It carries a message that stimulates more than your mind… it has a physical effect on your body as well. Today, we are going to tap into the very power of the human spirt…
The goal here is simple, snag these songs and complete the series of exercises correlating with each song! You’ll notice there’s a theme so keep that mojo flowin’ as you tune in and get tuned up!
First, you’re going to need to get warmed up…
1. Flo Rida – Respirator
- Mountain Climbers – 30 Seconds
- Jumping Jacks – 30 Seconds
- Burpees – 30 Seconds
- Flutter Kicks – 30 Seconds
- Plank – 30 Seconds
- Squats – 30 Seconds
Now that the warm-up is over, it’s time to start making it buuuuuuurn. After all, if it’s burning it’s working…
2. The Roots feat. John Legend – The Fire
- Wall sit with a 10-25 lb plate on your lap – 30 Seconds
- Stationary Lunges w/ Dumbbells at your side – 15 reps each leg
- Sumo Squats with Barbell (weight of your choice) – 15 reps
Once you’ve completed the above 3 times in a row with NO BREAK, you’re now ready to switch gears and kickstart the next jam you’re about to kick your own butt to!
3. Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder – The Fighter
Grab a set of 5, 8, or 15lb dumbbells (depending on ability) and get ready to FIGHT for this one…
- Push-ups using dumbbells as handles – 25/50 reps (challenge yourself)
- Crunches w/ dumbbell punches (every crunch, alternate punching across your body) – 30 Reps
- Standing rear delt flys – 20 Reps
- Dumbbell punches (holding dumbbells and punching across your body with full extension as quickly as you can) – 50 Punches
Once you’ve completed the above twice in a row, it’s time for a little fun at the hands of Freddie Mercury…
4. Queen – Bicycle Race
- Bicycle crunches – 8 sets Tabata style (20 seconds on/10 seconds off)
Familiar with tabata style training? No? Check this out!
Once you’ve owned that set of tabata style bicycle crunches like you invented them, it’s time swing for the fences and end with a home run…
5. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
- Wall sit – Entirety of song.
Simple as that. No worries if you can’t make it the whole time, just give it your best shot! Besides, gives you something to aspire for. If you have to stand up for a moment, get RIGHT back on down as soon as you can. Show yourself who’s boss!
It’s time to get the results people don’t get by doing the work that people don’t do. After all, if it were easy it wouldn’t be special…