Easy, fast meals and the paleo diet are words that are challenging to use in the same sentence. I realized this shortly after test driving this “new style of eating.” Paleo is a more thoughtful way of eating—thoughtful in terms of what you eat and how to to prepare it. That’s not to say there aren’t quick paleo recipes that are delicious. However, our society tends to associate fast meals with convenience foods, a “no-no” when it comes to paleo eating.
Here’s the secret: invest time in the prep, but leave the actual cooking to the professionals—the crock-pot. Pop all your ingredients in the morning of and you can come home after a hard day at work to a piping hot meal to warm you up! If only cavemen had it that good. This recipe is also perfect for your Super Bowl party…just sayin’.
Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Curry
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 to 1.5 pounds of boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste (try Thai House for paleo-friendly)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 head of cabbage, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Turn crock pot to low before starting prep.
- Pour coconut milk and chicken broth into crock pot and add curry paste. Stir until dissolve.
- Cut chicken into 1″ cubes. Place into crock pot and stir.
- Chop onion, red pepper, and green pepper into 1″ cubes. Place into crock pot and stir.
- Chop 1/4 of cauliflower head into florets and place into crock pot.
- Quarter cabbage head. Cut 1 of these wedges into thin strips and separate. Add the cabbage to crock pot and stir.
- Minced 3 cloves of garlic and add to pot.
- Cover and let cook on low for 4 hours.
Discuss: What’s your favorite paleo recipe?
Make sure to include a link so we can all share in your delicious find!