Listen up, Spartans! We know that you won’t have a lot of spare time over the next couple of weeks. We also know that you need to stay in shape to thwart off the enemies. Try these bodyweight exercises you can do right next to your couch while waiting for a respawn.
Master Chief’s Workout
- 30 Jumping Jacks: Warm up your body with the good ol’ fashion jump jacks. The Chief does about 1000, but we’ll stick to 30.
- 10 Push-ups: Hand-to-hand combat is inevitable. Strengthen your upper body to keep the advantage over your enemies.
- 15 Burpees: This imperative, hellish exercise is a favorite of the ODST. A must before any drop.
- 20 Side Lunges: You can’t always rely on your thruster pack to dodge them rockets. Increase your chances of survival by just getting out of the way.
- 25 High Knees: Strengthen your legs with high knees. Unfortunately a Warthog isn’t always nearby. You may have to march to your objective.
- 50 Second Wall Sit: Strengthen your core with a wall sit. You never know when you’ll be crouched for extended periods of time.
- 30 Bicycle Crunches: An all-around core workout. That armor gets mighty heavy after a long day.
- 20 Jump Squats: Jetpack out of juice? You’re gonna have to jump that gap!
- 50 Arm Circles: It’s a long way back to base, and that flag ain’t going to carry itself.
Beginner: Repeat 1-2 times
Intermediate to Advanced: Repeat 3 times
Other workouts to try
- Video: Lean Leg Circuit Workout
- Bad Weather Workout: Lower Body Workout You Can Do Anywhere
- Tackle Your Workout with These XBox Kinect Games
- Fit2Fat2Fit: Home Workout
- Easy At-Home Circuit Workout
photo credit: Corrinne Yu