I’ve always been the person who craves something sweet after dinner. Whether its ice cream or cookies, my philosophy incorporates moderation and indulgences in every once in a while. Then how do I satisfy my sweet-tooth on a daily basis? Keep healthy treats on hand at all times!
These energy balls are the perfect after dinner treat. Only 80 calories and 2.5g of protein, it sure beats an over-sized chocolate chip cookie (that’s made with refined sugars and grains). Have fun making this treat and experiment with different ad-in and toppings! You can find more nut butter ball recipes like this one here.
Makes 12 Balls
- 1C rolled/quick cooking oatmeal, ground into oat flour
- 1/4C nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- 1/4C honey (or 1/8C honey + 1/8C water for lower calorie)
- 1T chia seeds
- 1T flax seed meal
- Optional: dark chocolate chips and crushed nuts for toppings
- In a small food processor, process oats for 15-20 seconds, turning your oats in to oat flour.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and process for about a minute, or until it becomes doughy. You may need to add a squirt more of honey (or even water to save calories) if it is still too dry.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and role between your palms forming a ball.
- Refrigerate or Freeze to extend the life of your balls