Still searching for the perfect healthy dessert recipe to impress your family with over Labor Day Weekend? This homemade blueberry tart is your answer! They’re not too sweet, not too savory, and easy to make! Tarts are a perfect, light treat that can satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Here is the full recipe for Gluten Free Mini Blueberry Tarts!
Mini Blueberry Tarts
Ingredients (yields 4 tarts)
- 1C raw almonds or 1C almond meal
- 2T butter, melted
- 2T brown sugar
- 1/4t salt
- ~6T blueberry jam (homemade or store bought)
- ~1C fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray tart pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small food processor, process raw almonds into almond flour. Then add in brown sugar and salt and pulse. Place mixture into a medium sized bowl and pour in 2T melted butter.
- Using a fork, thoroughly mix together the crust ingredients.
- Separate crust mixture into four equal sections. Then, evenly pour ¼ of the mixture into a small tart pan and press firmly with a spoon or your fingers. Repeat x 3.
- Place tart pans on a cooking sheet and cover with tinfoil. Then, bake (covered) for 15 minutes.
- Uncover tart pans and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the crust begins to brown. Rotate pans every 5 minutes.
- Let the crusts cool for about 30 minutes. Then, evenly spread on about ~1 ½ T of blueberry jam (or any kind of jam).
- Finally, place blueberries on top of jam. Enjoy!
Nutrition per serving (1/2 tart): 154 calories, 8g fat, 18g carbs (2g fiber, 12g sugars), 3g protein
Also check out some of our favorite healthy tart recipes from around the blogosphere:
What is your favorite kind of Tart?
Share in the comments below!