I love finding ways to sneak in added nutrition into everyday foods. Most of the standard plates you find on the dessert tray are nutrient-void, but it is possible to indulge in some yumminess and pack in an extra dose of good-for-you protein and Omega-3s.
This chocolate pudding is thickened with arrowroot powder and Omega-3-packed flax seed. It’s sweetened all-naturally with ripe bananas. And thanks to a hefty dose of protein powder, each serving rings in at 10 grams of protein. All for a dessert! Not too shabby.
Chocolate Protein Pudding
Makes 4 servings
- 2 scoops (about 4 tablespoons) unsweetened vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon finely-ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-14 ounce can light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder (optional, thickens the pudding)
In the carafe of a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend on high until well combined. Transfer into four serving cups and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Nutrition per serving: 172 calories, 7g fat, 18.9g carbs (3.3g fiber, 7.3g sugars), 10g protein