We all have struggles. In life. At work. With our health. They will always be there. I struggle everyday. I am a food addict. I used excuses all my life. Until one day, I chose not to! We know what we are supposed to do but we get caught in “doing what we want to do.” Do any of these excuses sound familiar?
- What about the day that you eat a bag of dried cherries full of sugar but make yourself believe it was fruit.
- What about the day you ate 3 McRib sandwiches and a Cadbury egg because you think they will never come back.
- What about the Memorial Day where the girl of your dreams looked at you weird when everyone was eating burgers and you are eating a stick of asparagus.
- What about the Thanksgiving where so many people tell you “it is only one day” and you believe it until December 30th when you have had a month of lovely eating.
- What about the time your sister was over because her boyfriend broke up with her and you each finished a pint each of cookie dough ice cream?
- What about the day they “ran out” of 3XL shirts at the concert merch tent?
- What about the Chuck E. Cheese party where you told yourself you were only going to have a slice, but you end up eating two pizzas.
- What about the “Girls Night Out” where you had too much to drink, and at 2:00am you ate at Denny’s and had that “I do not care about the rest of the week, I will eat what I want” mentality.
- What about the Girl Scout cookies in your house that you ate at 11:45am as you think it is not your fault because they shouldn’t have been there in the first place.
- What about the time you couldn’t get comfortable on the airplane?
- What about the day you skipped going to the gym?
- What about the week you skipped going to the gym?
- What about the month you skipped going to the gym?
- What about tomorrow?
I struggle with these every single day. But I have my son and wife to help me, a wonderful cheering squad at theantijared.com, and myself to keep me going. Will I fall? Sure. But you can count on one thing from me. I will never go back.