2015 is in full force, and if you want to tone up those arms, we’ve got a great beginner workout for you. It’s a well-rounded routine that’ll be a total arm workout. From your forearms, to biceps, and triceps, we’ve got you covered!
Beginner Arm Workout
Time: 15-20 minutes (depending on breaks)
Equipment: Barbell, Cable Machine
- 3 x 20 Reverse Curls – Keep your palms facing the ground, keep your elbows to your side, and squeeze your fists as you lift the bar. This will be a great warm-up to what comes next.
- 2 x 16 Barbell Curls – Keep the palms facing up for this one, and don’t let your elbows COMPLETELY lock. That can cause hyper-extension, which can be painful and slow you down in the weight room. Also, try not to swing the weights or lean back. For the best results, do it with your back against the wall.
- 2 x 16 Preacher Curls – This can be on the machine or with free weights. Make sure to keep your elbows flat on the pad while you curl the weight.
- 2 x 16 Cable Pushdowns – Make sure to squeeze the rope tight as you push it down. Keep your elbows set in position and flex your triceps at full extension.
- 2 x 16 Tricep Extensions – This one can get tricky. Make sure to avoid letting your elbows spread out as the weight goes down. This doesn’t need to be done with much weight, so just focus on proper form.
- 3 x 20 Ball Slams – Use a 12-20lb medicine ball, lift it above your head, and SLAM it down as hard as you can!
Print This Workout