Nutritious and intuitive snacking is key to maintaining a healthy body weight. Snacking between meals should not only promote a healthy diet, but be done only when you’re truly hungry. The secret is choosing snacks that are nutrient dense, i.e. foods that deliver the most nutritious bang (fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc.) for your lowest caloric buck.
Check out these 12 delicious snack ideas that provide sustained energy while cashing in around 100 calories!
12 Delicious Snacks ~100 Calories
- 1 cup of broccoli, carrots or cauliflower + 2 tbsp of hummus (~100 – 120 cals)
- 1 tbsp of nut butter (~94 – 98 cals)
- 1/3 an avocado with salt and pepper to taste (~100 cals)
- 1 hard-boiled egg (~80 cals)
- 1/2 apple + 1 oz reduced fat string cheese (~110 cals)
- 1/2 cup kale chips (~90 cals)
- Turkey slice + 1 oz part skim mozzarella cheese roll up (~80 cals)
- 1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup blueberries (~75 cals)
- 1 scoop protein powder + 1 cup almond milk (~130 cals)
- 8 almonds + 1/8 cup raisins (~118 cals)
- 1 cup air popped popcorn + 1 tsp organic butter (~64 cals)
- 1/3 cup roasted chickpeas (~94 cals)
We want to hear from you!
What’s your favorite snack around 100 calories?
Share in the comments below!